Pacific Measurements and/or Wavetek 1038 Swept Measurement System Info

Spectrum Analysis Upgrade - 

I've been busy with travel though a little pickin of worthy free items as well as great deals on electronics and RF engineering related systems with the latest acquisition opening up the capabilities of spectrum analysis up to 110GHz potentially and 18.5GHz with the detectors I have already.  Still lots of reading and some writing also regarding DEW's, electronics and RF engineering.

I've been trying to find information regarding the operation of the 1038-N10, -NS20 and -NS201 devices.  I've been able to find info on the mainframes and H/V systems.

Started a Facebook group regarding:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/698747963909529/

...as well as updated the Tekwiki wiki which didn't have much at all initially:

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Pacific_Measurements_1038


Found a free Brother MFC9970CDW Color Laserjet that the engineering office lady said needs the fuser replaced and otherwise works great. The printout noted the laser is also at 4% like the fuser and researching a little found that the laser will most likely be OK past it's rated life and the fuser isn't that complicated to repair and might even be real cost effective if only the sheath needs replaced... if even needs to be replaced... though are known to go bad. 

The system has the capabilities to perform duplex Double sided scans also so has come in handy for scanning the above noted pile of PM/Wavetek manuals I've purchased and is the main reason I decided to pick up the free thing... the color laserjet capabilities is a bonus too and it came with Cyan and Magenta toner cartridges unopened with all the cartridges like above I forget... 60+%.

So, I've been scanning what documents I've purchased and been uploading them to the Tekwiki when I have the time. 

Once I get everything uploaded and read into more on the operation of the 1038 system... I'll perform some experiments to demonstrate detection of signals and testing devices that can be used to detect signals. 

Upgraded Smart Phone -

I also purchased a 
~$4 shopgoodwill.com Motorola ATRIX HD MB886 that was something like $9 though they gave me refund since wasn't working.  It still acts flaky with WiFi turning on and off though the other issues like connections seem to be improving when I cleaned the micro-USB connection with DeOxit.  Still is acting picking with cables... though there is improvement and I can finally access the Internal and SD card memory as a MB866 MPT device where at first I couldn't even access USB Mass Storage anything.

I needed an Android smart phone with 4.0 capabilities and for testing as a portable audio, infrasound, ultrasound and RF detection device.  As I develop that system out, I'll report on here how that's performing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultrasonic Projects and others

Electronics and RF Engineering Projects - Spectrum Analyzer Adapter for Oscilloscope

Detection Antenna Update: Spiral Conical Antenna Design